We are seeking a hands-on DevOps Engineer who will lead the way for our DevOps environment. The successful candidate will be able to liaise with the design, development and operations teams to carry the burden of managing the DevOps lifecycle. They communicate effectively with multiple areas of the business and be able to support the development team with on time delivery of CI/CD processes and releases.
Our varied technology stack is built in frameworks such as React, React Native Angular, .Net Core and NodeJS and databases running on MS SQL and CosmosDB. You will be responsible for builds, releases, service delivery, reliability, scalability, monitoring, and helping define all this as immutable infrastructure-as-code across multiple clients and environments including mobile apps.
During the inevitable lulls in activity for the infrastructure side, you will support the development team with development activities.
- Active participation in the Scrum Process and engagement with the Scrum Team to achieve goals
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Create, maintain, and iterate on our CI/CD processes for new and existing services
- Design and implement secure automation solutions for development, testing, and production environments
- Build and deploy automation, monitoring, and analysis solutions
- Develop and maintain solutions for operational administration, system/data backup, disaster recovery, and security/performance monitoring
- Continuously evaluate existing systems with industry standards, and make recommendations for improvement
- Increase the sophistication of our alerting and escalation mechanisms
- Help increase system performance with a focus on high availability and scalability
- Lend your experience to support the team in implementing improvements to how we deploy our applications
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ development and DevOps experience
- Background in development with experience in React and/or Angular, React Native, SQL Azure, and of course: C#, .NET framework, Entity framework, .NET Core
- Configuration management tools
- Continuous integration tools, specifically Azure DevOps Pipelines
- Proficiency with all Azure services, for example: Azure Functions, Application insights, Azure App centre, Azure App Services etc.
- As well as technologies such as Docker, Fastlane, Terraform
- Deploying mobile apps to the Google Play Store, and Apple App Store using Fastlane
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- An ability to drive to goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Full understanding of software development lifecycle best practices
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organisational skills
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The role is UK based, at our office in Cheltenham, with the possibility of flexible working.
For a full Job Description, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org