We're delighted to announce our partnership with BT Wholesale, whose industry-leading BT 21CN network will become one of the many connectivity options within our hybrid network and managed networks services. With BT Wholesale as part of our digital supply chain, we can offer clients a more agile Ethernet service and deliver it to them faster and cheaper.
We've worked hard to create a complete digital supply chain, in which we integrate with supplier systems for pricing, ordering, support and billing. Choosing digital suppliers is a key part of an end to end digital transformation programme that we’ve been working on for several years. It makes us more agile – delivering faster, at lower cost and with fewer errors.
BT Wholesale will support SAS to deliver these benefits to our clients:
- Cost-effective: Ethernet WANs can be materially cheaper than traditional mpls networks.
- Extensive coverage: Available across the UK, Ethernet is ideal for all kinds of customers from SMEs to large corporations.
- Connectivity options: From Next-Generation Fibre (GEA) ( we offer superfast coverage with standard lead times of just nine days), Ethernet in the First Mile (EFM), and dedicated fibre from bandwidths of 10Mbit/s to 10Gbit
- Faster change control of 30 minutes to flex bandwidth on circuits
- Faster and online support triage
- Reliability and resilience: SAS Ethernet is based on BT’s highly resilient 21C network, so we can sell it with confidence.
- Replacement for legacy technologies: SAS Ethernet is ideal for replacing legacy and expensive MPLS networks, that have a reputation for slow change control.
Nick Guite, Head of Indirect and International at BT Wholesale said, "With a great portfolio and relationships with key vendors, we're helping our partners to understand and extend their sales opportunities with the benefits of our offerings. We’re looking forward to working with SAS on this for many years.”
Charles Davis, SAS CEO commented, “It's great to welcome BT Wholesale to our partner portfolio. Their digital approach to doing business is a great asset both for SAS and for our customers. As BT’s network increases, it allows SAS to provide more innovative hybrid network solutions faster and cheaper.”