This update was issued on Tuesday, March 24th 2020
A message from our Chairman
During this quite exceptional time I wanted to convey our commitment and support to you, to your teams and your business. As you would expect, the safety and protection of our employees is paramount to us, but so, too, is the well-being of our customers and their people.
Following last night’s government instructions for a widespread lock-down, I’m writing to confirm that we continue to provide our full range of services, however with additional measures implemented.
- SAS is classified as a critical infrastructure supplier, and our operational staff are classified as Key Workers. As such, government accepts (and expects) that we will maintain our operations.
- Our top priorities during the lock-down are to make sure that our customers’ networks are maintained and their change projects are supported.
We have been preparing for this lock-down for several weeks and our operations were substantially changed to accommodate flexible/home working prior to the announcement.
- All non-critical office staff are already working from home;
- NOC staff are split between the NOC and home to maximise resilience and flexibility;
- Field Engineers are fully trained in health and hygiene procedures and are supplied with facilities to wash their hands before and after visits. All engineers have access to gloves, masks and sanitising gels;
- Where two engineers are required on site for Health and Safety reasons, they have separate transport to minimise any personal risk;
- Our sick reporting and management procedures have been modified and tested to reflect the new position;
- We are working fully to the pandemic flu response plan within our ISO 22301 business continuity plan.
I should add that we have been running a health protection programme for over a month, educating and encouraging our people how to take the appropriate actions. Also, our location means that nobody travels to work via public transport. Consequently, we are fully operational.
SAS is a privately owned business with a track record over 30 years. We have experienced a variety of major challenges over these years and are well versed on the actions required at times like this. We are financially strong with no major debt and have access to appropriate capital and resources including the recently announced UK Government scheme.
In summary, we are fully operational, we are very well prepared and we are resilient.
It is important that we plan the next few weeks and months carefully with you, in order to provide the support that you need. If you can help us to plan further by informing us in good time what you will need from us, then we shall be able to resource more effectively and help you better. Our account managers will be in regular contact to discuss your needs and find out what else we can do to help.
If you have any questions or issues please do not hesitate to contact me or your account teams. We are in a privileged position supporting your critical infrastructure and you can be assured we are rising to the challenges presented.
Colin Mattey, Chairman
This update was published on March 24th, 2020. A subsequent update has now been published and can be found here.
We are monitoring and following all appropriate official guidelines such as the World Health Organisation (WHO), Centre of Disease Control (CDC), and UK Government agencies including Foreign Office guidance.
We shall respond quickly and proportionately to any new advice provided, and we shall continue to provide regular guidance for our customers, employees, partners and suppliers.
We will refresh this update on a regular basis. However, if you have any concerns please do not hesitate to contact your account and service managers, or our Chairman at email@example.com.
You can find a more recent update here: COVID-19 update for customers | May 2020